Python script maximum timeout exceeded
When this error occurs, you will be prompted with the following error message:
This error occurs when you are running a simulation with a Python script and Ashes has not received any information from the Python script for a time longer than the Maximum waiting time set in the Preferences. This can be because
- the Maximum waiting time is too short and you script takes longer than that time to compute a time step. In that case, you can increase the Maximum waiting time.
- your Python script has crashed, or has entered an infinite loop.
- you are debugging your Python script, and you have stopped it for more than the Maximum waiting time.
- you have closed your Python script while the simulation was running.
The solutions to solve this problem are generally either
- run the script in Manual and see if it crashes or enters an infinite loop (or if anything else unexpected happens)
- increase the Maximum waiting time